You can enlarge a section of the chart to see more details of the time series and other chart objects. When you zoom into a chart, you can either manually choose the section that should be enlarged with the Zoom In tool, or choose a specific date / time range or number of bars that should be enlarged with the Data View button. You can of course also zoom out of the chart again or reset the chart to its default settings.
For other ways to expand, compress or vertically scale the time series, see also Scaling the Time Series to the Screen.
▪ Click on the Zoom In icon on the Chart toolbar:
▪ The mouse pointer changes:
▪ Click on the chart at the starting point of the section that you want to magnify, and hold the mouse button down.
▪ Move the mouse pointer to the end point of the section and release the mouse button.
The Zoom In tool will stay active as long as
you do not use another tool. To deactivate it, click on the Zoom In icon again, or press the Esc key on your keyboard.
Instead of using the Zoom In tool, you can also click on the time scale of a chart to zoom into it.
▪ Click the Data View button and choose Zoom.
▪ In the Zoom dialog, select the start and end dates (or times) of the section that you want to magnify.
▪ To choose a date from the calendar, click on the arrow next to the dates in the From and To fields, or type the date into the fields.
▪ To choose a time, click on the element of the time field that you want to change (hours, minutes or seconds). Then, change it with the arrows on the right, or type the new time into the field.
▪ Click OK to magnify the date / time range that you have specified.
Note The time field is only available in intraday charts. If you choose a combination of start dates and end dates (or times) that is not valid (for example because the end date is before the start date), the specified section will not be magnified.
▪ Click the Data View button and choose Number of bars.
▪ A text field is shown. Enter the number of bars (or candles, Point and Figure columns etc.) that you want to see on your screen.
▪ Press the Enter key. A section with the specified number of bars is magnified.
▪ Click on the Zoom Out icon on the Chart toolbar:
▪ The chart will be scaled down by one step. You can zoom out as often as you have zoomed into a chart.
This tool can only be used when you have magnified (zoomed into) a section of
the chart first.
Instead of using the Zoom Out tool, you can also hold the Ctrl key and click on the time scale of the chart.
▪ Click the Data View button and choose Chart reset.