If you want to work with some symbols in a chart without a permanent Internet connection, you can export the time series that you need to the local database of TeleTrader WorkStation. You can work with all symbols that are available in your local database even if you do not have a live connection to the Internet. To do this, you have to switch to offline mode before disconnecting from the Internet.
You can also export the time series of a symbol to a text file. The exported data includes the date/time, Open, High, Low and Close prices, as well as Volume and Open Interest, if available. To copy time series data to the clipboard instead, see also Copy Data to the Clipboard as Text.
▪ Right-click the time series and choose Export Security > Export to local database.
▪ In the Export to local data base dialog, enter a local symbol ID with at most 14 characters into the field Choose symbol ID.
▪ Enter a symbol description (name) with at most 16 characters into the field Choose description.
▪ Choose how many decimals you want to export from the list. If you choose Auto, TeleTrader WorkStation will automatically determine the number of decimals to export based on the symbol data.
▪ Click Export and wait for the export to finish. You can see the progress in the blue progress bar.
▪ Click Finish. You can now find the exported symbol with Symbol Search under the ID and name that you have chosen for it. The symbol is automatically added to the exchange <Local>.
Note You cannot export a time series to the local database if you are using a tick by tick or tickbar compression. You can however export tick data to a text file.
▪ On the Tools menu, choose Options.
▪ On the left side of the dialog, select General.
▪ On the right side of the dialog, clear the checkbox Use this data feed on next login.
▪ Click OK. If you want to switch to offline mode immediately, close TeleTrader WorkStation now.
▪ On the next start of TeleTrader WorkStation, you will see the dialog More than one data feed available.
▪ Select Work Offline and click OK.
▪ You can now only work with the symbols that you have exported to your local database. To find them, use Symbol Search.
Note To switch back to the online mode, close TeleTrader WorkStation. On the next start, select TeleTrader MDS in the dialog More than one data feed available. If you want to keep using the online mode, also check the option Use this data feed on next login.
▪ Right-click the time series and choose Export Security > Export to text document.
▪ In the Save as dialog, enter a name for the document in the File name field.
▪ Choose the location where you want to save your document. TeleTrader WorkStation will suggest to save it into your Documents folder. You can also use a different location.
▪ Click Save. A message will inform you once the security data has been successfully exported.
Note The export of tick and intraday data is limited to a maximum of seven days of data. For tick data, there is an additional limit of 10,000 records. For fast-ticking symbols, one whole day of tick data can be exported, even when the number of ticks exceeds the limit. When the export limit is reached, only the newest records up to the limit are exported and you will be notified by a system message.