When you add a drawing object to the chart by setting its reference points, you can use the Snap tool (Magnet) to automatically position the reference point at the nearest price of a bar / data point. This means that when you activate the Snap tool, the reference points are automatically pulled to the nearest price. You can choose the strength of the "magnet".
Note The Snap tool can be used in combination with all drawing tools except shapes, text, arrows, Pivot Points and vertical / cycle lines. The tool Wave and Harmonics snaps automatically to the most logical prices.
▪ Click on the Snap icon on the Drawing toolbar:
▪ The Snap tool will stay active until you click on the Snap icon again.
Note If you only want to use the Snap tool temporarily, hold the Ctrl key while drawing on the chart.
▪ Click on the arrow next to the Snap icon on the Drawing toolbar.
▪ Select the strength of the magnet from the list that appears. The currently used strength is highlighted with a check mark.
▪ Select Custom to manually enter the strength of the magnet in the Snap Percentage dialog.
You can also use the Snap tool in combination with the Select and Crosshair tool. The crosshair will snap to the nearest price automatically. Activate this feature under Tools > Options > Chart: See Chart Settings for details.