Often, you want to read exact values about a time series from a chart. To do this, TeleTrader WorkStation provides you with two tools: The Data Info box that displays values interactively on the chart, and the DataBar that constantly displays the data values of the current mouse position in the Navigation pane.
Both tools show the same information:
▫ For all visible symbols: Date and time of the current data point (bar, candlestick), Open, High, Low and Close prices of all visible symbols at that point in time, Volume and Open Interest
▫ For studies, chartable expressions or drawing objects, the relevant values are displayed as well.
Data Info box
The Data Info box is a transparent area in a corner of the chart. If a chart has several chart panes, each pane has its own Data Info box that shows only information about the symbols and other chart objects that are visible in this pane.
You can customize the Data Info box: Choose which drawing objects and time series values (Open, High, Low , Close etc.) should be shown in the box and decide if study values should be considered as well. For a better overview, all values for studies and drawing objects can be shown with the same color as the object they refer to. See Data Info Settings.
▪ Click on the Select icon in the Drawing toolbar:
Note The Select tool is active by default in any new chart.
▪ Click on the chart and hold the mouse button down.
▪ The values for the date / time of the point where you clicked is displayed in the Data Info box. The box disappears as soon as you release the mouse button.
Note If you click directly on a chart object, for example a symbol, drawing object or study, the Data Info box is not displayed. Instead, the object is selected.
▪ Click on the Crosshair or Vertical Line icon in the Drawing toolbar: or Click on the chart.
▪ The values for the date / time of the point where you clicked is displayed in the Data Info box. The box is visible until you deactivate the Crosshair or Vertical Line tool.
▪ You can move the crosshair on the chart with the arrow keys on your keyboard.
The Crosshair or Vertical Line tool will stay active as long as you
do not deactivate it by clicking on the Crosshair or Vertical
Line icon again. When you save a chart while the Crosshair or Vertical
Line tool is active, this setting and its exact position on a chart will
be saved as well.
You can also use the left and right arrow keys to activate the Vertical Line tool if the option Use arrow keys (Left or Right) for activating the Vertical Line under Tools > Options > Chart is activated. See Chart Settings.
The DataBar is a part of the Navigation pane.
If you want to customize the DataBar, you can change its font and colors. See Customizing the DataBar.
▪ Click on the tab DataBar in the navigation pane.
▪ When you move the mouse pointer over the chart, the data values for the current position are constantly displayed in the DataBar.