TeleTrader WorkStation offers the possibility to import a list of symbols from a text file to a price page. The symbols must be listed with their symbol identification number or unique name. Since you typically don't know the appropriate symbol ID or unique name unless you have already inserted the symbol in a document in TeleTrader WorkStation, the following procedure will show you a workaround using the RTD component (see RTD – Retrieving Real-Time Data with Excel).
The following example is assuming that you have a list of ISINs that you want to show in a price page. The procedure works in a similar way also for WKNs, tickers and names.
▪ In an Excel document, enter the list of ISINs in column A.
▪ In column B, enter an RTD formula that uses cell references to look up the ISINs from column A on a certain exchange (you can also add other restrictions, see Searching for Symbols with RTD). For example, if you want to get the Xetra stock with this ISIN, use the following formula:
▪ The column B should now show a list of symbol IDs, like shown here:
▪ Copy the values from column B to a new text document and save the document as a *.txt or *.csv file.
▪ On the File menu in TeleTrader WorkStation, click Document > Open.
▪ In the Open dialog, select the saved text document.
▪ Click Open. The list of symbol IDs will now open as a price page.
▪ In an Excel document, enter the list of ISINs in column A and the respective exchange in column B:
▫ Save the document as a *.csv file
▫ You can also enter the list of the ISINs into a *.txt file, the separator between the ISIN and the exchange can be "," " ;" or "|":
▫ On the File menu in TeleTrader WorkStation, click Document > Open.
▫ In the Open dialog, select the saved file.
▫ Click Open. The list of ISINs will now open as a price page.
More information on importing security lists
Text files with security lists that should be imported to a price page must fulfill the following requirements:
▫ File format: *.txt or *.csv
▫ Instead of Symbol IDs, symbol unique names can also be used.
▫ Symbols can be separated by paragraph mark (windows-style end line separator) only.
▫ Only 100.000 symbols (chains) can be opened at once.
▫ If chain symbols are included in the symbol list, each chain will be opened in a separate price page