New documents are created every time you open a symbol in a document. You can save individual documents as a single file – however, we recommend to always save documents inside a workspace. See Creating and Saving Workspaces.
Note Charts can also be saved as a picture file. For more information, see Saving Charts as Picture Files.
To create a new document, you open a symbol with this document type. You can do this in several ways:
▫ Use the QuickBar, which holds the most popular symbols: See Opening Symbols from the QuickBar
▫ Use Symbol Search to find and open a specific symbol: See Opening Symbols from the Search Results
▫ Create a new empty document and insert one or more symbols there: See Opening Symbols in New Documents
▫ Take a symbol that is already displayed in a document and open it in another document: See Opening Symbols from Existing Documents
▫ To open a news document, click on the News icon in the QuickBar for general news, or search for news for a specific symbol: See Displaying News for a Symbol.
▪ On the File menu, click Document > Save.
Note You can also click on the Save icon in the Main toolbar:
▪ In the Save as dialog, enter a name for the document in the File name field.
Note The Save as dialog appears only when you are saving the document for the first time.
▪ Choose the location where you want to save your document. TeleTrader WorkStation will suggest to save it into your Documents folder. You can also use a different location.
▪ TeleTrader WorkStation automatically chooses the appropriate document type (file name extension) for the current document in the Save as type field.
▪ Click Save.
▪ On the File menu, click Document > Save as.
▪ In the Save as dialog, enter a new name for the document in the File name field.
▪ Click Save.