You can copy live, updating quote data from a price page, watch list, market depth, options matrix, quick quote or time and sales document to Microsoft Excel. The easiest and most comfortable way to do this is to use the Copy command in TeleTrader WorkStation. In addition, you can also set up a DDE link with live data manually (see Setting up a DDE Link with Live Data).
Note The following steps describe how to set up a DDE connection in Microsoft Excel. You can also use Open Office instead: To do so, you have to adapt the DDE/RTD format in the program options (see Price Page Settings).
▪ Open a price page, watch list, market depth, options matrix, quick quote or time and sales document in TeleTrader WorkStation that shows the data that you want to copy. See also Opening Symbols and Adding and Removing Columns.
▪ Select all cells that you want to copy to Microsoft Excel. You can highlight them with the mouse, or select complete rows or columns (see also Selecting Rows or Columns of a Price Page).
▪ Right-click on the selected cells and choose Copy.
Note When you want to copy data from a market depth document, right-click in the summary view of the market depth document and choose Copy to copy all data.
▪ Open a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
▪ Paste the data that you have copied into Excel. For example, you can use the shortcut Ctrl + V.
▪ Microsoft Excel will now probably display a message to inform you that to display the data, an external program called ProfDDE.exe needs to be started. Confirm this message by clicking Yes.
▪ The data that you have copied will now be displayed in the Excel spreadsheet. It will be updated whenever new ticks arrive.
Note By default, the column headings of the price page are copied along as well. You can disable this setting under Tools > Options > Price Page (see Price Page Settings).