In some cases, system errors might be caused by corrupt workspaces, documents or other data. Such problems can usually be solved with a complete new installation of TeleTrader WorkStation.
With the program CleanRemoval.exe you can completely remove TeleTrader WorkStation from your computer, including all settings, registry entries, default workspaces and templates. After that, you can download and install the latest version of TeleTrader WorkStation. Your user-specific data, such as templates, default settings etc., can be backed up and restored during the process.
Note The CleanRemoval.exe program file can be donwloaded from the following link: http://pw.ttweb.net/downloads/AdditionalFiles(LatestRelease)/CleanRemoval.zip .
▪ Log on to your computer as an administrator – the program can only be run with administrator rights. If you are unsure, ask your system administrator.
▪ Make sure that your computer is connected to the Internet – you will need an active Internet connection to download the latest version of TeleTrader WorkStation.
▪ Close TeleTrader WorkStation.
▪ Run the program CleanRemoval.exe that you have received from the support team. The program first determines information about the installed version. This can take some time.
▪ In the Software Removal Tool dialog, choose Remove previous installation and install new version.
Note When you don't want a reinstallation and just want to remove TeleTrader WorkStation, choose Remove previous installation instead.
▪ If you want to back up your customized settings, workspaces, documents and templates, select Save user specific application data.
▪ Click Start Removing Files.
▪ After TeleTrader WorkStation has been removed from your computer, the latest version is automatically downloaded and the installation wizard is started. Please do not try to start TeleTrader WorkStation until the words Setup done OK and/or Copyback done OK are shown in the Software Removal Tool dialog.
When removing TeleTrader WorkStation from your computer, the following data is deleted:
▫ Application data in C:\Program Files\TeleTrader\WorkStation
▫ Personal settings: C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\ProfessionalC:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Professional
▫ Default workspaces
▫ Registry keys in:
If you have activated the option Save user specific application data, the following data is saved and restored automatically after reinstallation:
▫ Changed templates
▫ Changed studies
▫ Default workspaces
▫ Some settings and registry entries, for example chart settings, colors, FastLook, symbol search, HTTP trading integration