You can show the latest related news stories for a symbol in a price page. The News Flash button displays the number of recent news stories; the News Headline column displays the latest headline. This headline is also shown in a tooltip when moving the mouse pointer over the News Flash button. The entire news story can be read by clicking the News Flash button.
You can customize the time period that is used for News Flash retrieval – by default, only today's news stories are taken into account.
The News Flash button is colored depending on the age of the latest news update. To help you stay on top of current developments, the entire row of a symbol can be colored for a few seconds whenever a news story arrives. You can configure how long a news flash is active on a price page and specify the colors used under Tools > Options > Price Page > News Flash (see News Flash Settings).
▪ Right-click in the price page and choose Insert News Flash.
▪ Click the News Flash button of the symbol.
▪ Right-click the News Flash button of the symbol and choose Properties.
▪ In the Price Page Properties dialog, click News Flash.
▪ Under Range, adapt the Display Last... option to your needs.
Note You can also filter the news stories that are included in the price page by service or category. See Filtering News Stories for details about the possible settings.
▪ Right-click the News Flash button of the symbol and choose Insert News Alert.
▪ In the Alerts window, adapt the news alert settings to your needs. See News Alerts for details about the possible settings.
▪ Right-click in the price page and choose Remove News Flash.